Monday, November 10, 2014

I Have Another Favorite TV Show: The Leftovers



I know I'm late to this one, but I am a fan of The Leftovers.  I was in-between HBO subscriptions when it was on, I caught up in record time over the weekend, and after just 1 season (10 episodes) it's one of my favorite shows ever.  (Yes I say this about most shows/things.)  This show is legit though.

As Wikipedia.org describes the premise:

The Leftovers takes place three years after a global event in which many people disappeared, known as the "Sudden Departure", which caused the unexplainable disappearance of 140 million people, 2% of the world's population. The story focuses primarily on the Garvey family and their acquaintances in the fictional town of Mapleton, New York. Kevin Garvey is the Chief of Police. His wife, Laurie, has joined a cult called the "Guilty Remnant". Their son, Tommy, has left home and college while their daughter, Jill, is acting out.


Crazy town.  It's a different spin on the apocalypse theme.  The world is still going on, minus 2% of the population.  Everyone is effected by this, those who lost family and those who didn't.  The characters are developed really well, great acting and a story that you get hooked in to immediately.

Netflix, On Demand, HBO Go, whatever you got, I recommend this one.



No comments: